top of page

Resources for Immigrants

All Chicago residents, regardless of immigration status, can use City services. And every person has legal rights in the United States - including undocumented immigrants. 

It's important that undocumented immigrants know their rights if ICE comes to their door. Below are some informational materials to help you understand your rights in these situations. 

Know Your Rights if Ice Comes to Your House - English

Conozca Sus Derechos si ICE Llega a Su Casa - Español


The Chicago City Clerk's office launched the CityKey ID program in April 2018. The new city ID also acts as a Ventra card and a library card. Cardholders can also receive an array of benefits at various businesses and organization throughout the city. 

Every resident in Chicago, including undocumented immigrants, are eligible to receive a CityKey ID. View upcoming CityKeyID events to receive yours! 

Questions? The City Clerk compiled a list of answers to frequently asked questions available to view on their website


Mental healthcare and well-being services for the immigrant community are managed by Lurie Children’s Hospital. For more information, visit

If you are looking for direct services for children or adolescents, please contact the Illinois Screening, Assessment and Support Services Program at 1-800-345- 9049

The Chicago Department of Public Health provides mental health services for adults at locations across the city. Clinicians speak Spanish and English, with translation services available in other languages. To schedule an appointment, please call 312-744-1906.


As a welcoming city, Chicago does not conduct immigration enforcement, and the Police Department will not ask about the immigration status of crime victims, witnesses, or other people who ask for help.

For emergency assistance call 911 for police help and for non-emergency assistance call 311 for city services.

If you feel you have been the victim of a hate crime, call 911 immediately, or call the City of Chicago Commission on Human Relations at 312- 744-4874.


bottom of page